- Wildcat Open on Apr 7, 2018
- AZ Summer National Qualifiers 2018 on Mar 25, 2018
- AFC’s March Madness on Mar 24, 2018
- Wildcat Invitational on Feb 24, 2018
- Dean Alexander Memorial 2018: DV 1A, DV 2, Vet ROC on Feb 3 – Feb 4, 2018
- AFC’s Winter Open Foil and Saber on Jan 20, 2018
- FCAZ Holiday Open on Dec 16 – Dec 17, 2017
- AZ Junior Olympics Qualifiers on Dec 16 – Dec 17, 2017
- AFC’s Fall Open(er) on Nov 18, 2017
- Sun Devil Open on Nov 5, 2017
- The Shazam Slam RJCC/RYC on Oct 27 – Oct 29, 2017
- Wildcat Epee on Oct 21, 2017
- Mercado Classic 2017 on Oct 7 – Oct 8, 2017
- Prescott Fall Classic 2017 on Sep 2 – Sep 3, 2017
- Flagstaff Season Opener 2017 on Aug 12, 2017
USA Fencing is pleased to announce the schedule for the 2018-19 Super Youth Circuit and Regional Open Circuit events.
Next season, 14 Super Youth Circuit tournaments will be held for athletes in the Youth 10, 12 and 14 categories with at least one event in each of the six regions.
Thirty-two ROCs will be held throughout the nation for Division IA, Division II and Veteran competitors with tournaments being held in 17 states.
Tournament organizers are reminded that bids are still being accepted for 2018-19 Regional Youth Circuit and Regional Junior and Cadet Circuit events through April 1. Click here for more details.
The USA Fencing Board of Directors voted on Dec. 5 to amend the Rules of Competition as it relates to the rule regarding reversing the line of the shoulders in foil competition.
Beginning on Jan. 1, 2018, a foil fencer who reverses the line of their shoulders is no longer subject to a Group 1 penalty.
The following segment of § t.18, ¶ 5 and t.120 will be removed from the Rules of Competition following the approval of this change by the Federation Internationale d’Escrime at its Congress in November:
At foil, it is forbidden, during the course of fencing, to advance the shoulder of the non-sword arm in front of the shoulder of the sword arm (cf. t.19). If a competitor does so he is liable to incur the penalties enumerated in Articles t.114, t.116, t.120. Any touches scored by the fencer at fault while committing this offense will be annulled.